Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ganesh Kumar refuses to resign




K.B. Ganesh Kumar.
K.B. Ganesh Kumar.
Thiruvananthapuram: Forest minister K.B. Ganesh Kumar gave clear hints that he has no plans of stepping down as a minister. “Why should I? Tell me where I have gone wrong,” he asked reporters on Wednesday when he was told about KC (B) chairman Balakrishna Pillai’s demand to oust him from the cabinet.
Balakrishna Pillai had earlier sent a missive to the Chief Minister demanding that the KC (B) nominee should be removed from the cabinet. Ganesh took the stand that he was picked as minister by the Chief Minister.
“I have presented my case to the Chief Minister. He will examine the matter and take appropriate action,” he said. He refused to comment when he was asked about his party’s role in choosing him as minister.
Balakrishna Pillai, in response to Ganesh’s statement, said that the right people would speak up at the UDF meeting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment